I was twelve, going on thirteen, the first time I saw a dead human being.
我第一次见到死尸 是在刚过我12岁后不久
It happened in the summer of 1 959.
事情发生于1959年的夏季
A long
那是好久以前了
but only if you measure in terms of years.
但对我而言却恍如昨日
I was living in a small town in Oregon called Castle Rock.
那时我家住在奥勒冈州 一个叫岩堡的小镇
There were only 1,28 1 people, but to me it was the whole world.
镇上只有一千两百余居民 但对我而言那已是整个世界
Hey, it's the bossman Bob Cormier here. It's a beautiful Friday in Portland.
各位 又到了鲍伯·克米尔时间 今天早晨波特兰阳光普照
It's 90 KLAM degrees and getting hotter.
气温是华氏90度而且还在上升
Up the ladder with another platter. It's Bobby Day with Rockin' Robin.
首先为您播一首鲍比戴的摇滚乐 很棒的曲子
It's boss.
酷毙了
How do you know a Frenchman's been in your backyard?
猜个谜 你如何看出邻居是法国人?
I'm French, okay?
简单 因为自己是法国人
Your garbage cans are empty and your dog's pregnant.
答案是你家垃圾桶被掏空 而狗被搞大了肚子
Didn't I just say I was French?
还是我的答案比较好
I knock.
看牌
Shit.
可恶
Twenty-nine.
29点
Twentytwo. Piss up a rope.
22点 又完蛋了
Gordie's out. Old Gordie just bit the bag and stepped out the door.
戈帝又完了 戈帝又被扫地出门了
Come on, man. Deal.
得了 老兄
Teddy Duchamp was the craziest guy we hung around with.
泰迪·杜强是我们这伙儿人里 最神经的家伙
He didn't have much of a chance in life.
他命不太好
His dad was given to fits of rage.
老爸喜怒无常 脾气暴躁
One time he held Teddy's ear to
有一次他把泰迪的耳朵 扯到火炉边
and almost burned it off.
几乎烤熟了
I knock.
看牌
You four-eyed pile of shit.
你这个四眼狗屎
The pile of shit has a thousand eyes.
狗屎何止四眼 千眼都不只
What?
干嘛?
What's so funny? I've got 30. What have you got?
有什么好笑? 我30点 你呢?
Sixteen. Go ahead. Keep laughing.
16点 再笑啊 笑死活该
You're down to your ride, pal.
你也是我的手下败将
Chris Chambers was the leader of our gang, and my best friend.
克利斯·詹伯斯是我们的帮主 也是我最好的朋友
He came from a bad family, and everyone just knew he'd turn out bad.
他的家庭不大幸福 大家都认定他以后会是个恶棍
Including Chris.
克利斯自己也有同感
That's not the secret knock.
那不是我们的敲门暗号♥
I forget the secret knock. Let me in.
我把敲门暗号♥给忘了 快让我进来
Vern.
维恩
Come on, you guys. Open up.
好了 你们这些家伙快开门
Oh, man, you guys are not gonna believe this.
听着 你们绝对不会相信
This is so boss.
这是个天大的消息
Oh, man, wait'll you hear this.
你们听了就知道
You won't believe it. It's unbelievable.
你们绝不会相信 这事令人难以置信
Let me catch my breath. I ran all the way from my house.
先让我喘口气 我从家里一直跑到这儿
I ran all the way home
我跑一路跑到家
Come on, you guys. This is boss.
少来了 你们听我说 真是个大消息
Just to say I'm sorry
只为了向你说声抱歉
Okay, forget it. I don't have to tell you nothin'.
算了 不想听就算了
Hold on, you guys. What is it, man?
兄弟们 别唱了 究竟是什么大消息?
You won't believe this. Sincerely.
保证轰动 你们绝不敢相信 不盖你们
I ran all the way home
我一路跑到家
Screw you guys.
你们这些浑球
垃圾桶 英文Forget it. What is it?
不想听算了 究竟是什么事?
Can you guys camp out tonight?
你们今晚可不可以在外过夜?
If you tell your folks you're gonna tent out in my field?
我是说如果告诉你们老爸 今晚要在我家露营?
Yeah, I think so.
我想应该没问题
Except my dad's on a mean streak. He's been drinking a lot lately.
只是我爸最近脾气不太好 他最近喝酒喝的很凶
You got to, man. Sincerely, you won't believe this.
你一定要想法出来 你绝不敢相信这件事
Can you, Gordie? Yeah, probably.
你呢 戈帝? 大概可以吧
So what are you pissing and moaning about, Verno?
什么事大不了的事让你像屁♥股♥着火似的紧张 维恩?
I knock.
看牌
What? You liar. You ain't got no pat hand.
少来 你又没有王牌
You didn't deal yourself no pat hand.
你才没有王牌
Make your draw, shitheap.
别不认帐 屎蛋
You guys wanna go see a dead body?
你们想不想看死人?
I was under the porch digging, you know?
我是在地板下挖宝的时候听到这件事的 明白吗?
We all understood what Vern meant right away.
我们立刻明白了维恩的意思
At the beginning of the
学年刚开始的时候
he had buried a quart jar of pennies underneath his house.
他把钱存在钱筒 埋在他家的屋子下
He drew a treasure map so he could find them again.
他曾划了张藏宝图 以便日后再挖出来
A week later, his mom cleaned out his room and threw away the map.
不料一个星期后 他妈整理房♥间时把那张图丢了
Vern had been trying to find those pennies for nine months.
维恩花了九个月的时间 在屋子下东挖西掘
Nine months, man.
九个月耶
You didn't know whether to laugh or cry.
真让人哭笑不得
Jesus Christ, Billy, we gotta do something.
老天 比利 我们一定要想想办法
Why? Who cares?
为什么? 谁会管这件事?
We saw him. So? It ain't nothin' to us.
但我们看见他 又怎样? 不干我们的事
The kid's dead, so it ain't nothin' to him neither.
那小鬼已经死了 也无法再让他复活
Who gives a shit if they ever find him? I don't.
谁在乎是不是有人发现他 我才不管
But it's that kid they were talking about on the radio.
可是收音机常提到那孩子的事
Brocker, or Brower, or Flowers or whatever his name is.
发布评论