0923翻译:祖国啊我亲爱的祖国啊(舒婷)
Translation: Homeland, Oh My Beloved Homeland (Shu Ting)
(translated by: alexcwlin; edited by: Adam Lam)
我是你河边上破旧的老水车 
I’m your decrepit waterwheel by riverside
数百年来纺着疲惫的歌 
weaving out stale songs for hundreds of years.
我是你额上熏黑的矿灯 
I’m a smoke-blackened mining headlamp on your forehead
照你在历史的隧洞蜗行摸索 
lighting up the historical tunnel where you feel your way in crawling through it.
祖国啊
我是干瘪的稻穗;是失修的路基 
I am ears of shrivelled paddy. I am dilapidated road infrastructure.
是淤滩上的驳船 
I am a barge on a muddy beach
把纤绳深深 
with the towline deeply
勒进你的肩膊 
tugged into your shoulder.
—— 祖国啊! 
Oh my homeland!
我是贫困 
I have no money.
我是悲哀 
I’m in sorrow.
我是你祖祖辈辈 
I’ve been you—generation upon generation.
痛苦的希望啊 
Hopes are painful,
是“飞天”袖间 
even though they are beautiful.
千百年来未落到地面的花朵 
Yet for thousands of years they haven’t come true.
—— 祖国啊 
Oh my homeland!
我是你簇新的理想 
I’m your brand spanking new ideal
刚从神话的蛛网里挣脱 
who have just broken loose from a fairy-tale spider web.
我是你雪被下古莲的胚芽 
I’m your lotus’s embryo buried under a blanket of snow.
我是你挂着眼泪的笑窝 
I’m your dimple with tears hanging loosely.
我是新刷出的雪白的起跑线 
I’m the newly painted white-as-snow starting line
是绯红的黎明 
and the crimson break of dawn
在喷薄 
in bursting out.
—— 祖国啊 
Oh my homeland!
我是你十亿分之一 
I’m one of your one-billion parts,
是你九百六十万平方的总和 
and the summation of your  9.6 million square meters.
你以伤痕累累的乳房 
You use your scarred breasts
喂养了 
to feed
迷惘的我,深思的我,沸腾的我
 the puzzled me, the deep-thinking me, and the hot-blooded me.
那就从我的血肉之躯上 
Then from my flesh-and-blood body,
去取得 
you obtain
你的富饶,你的荣光,你的自由 
your richness, your glory, and your freedom.
—— 祖国啊 
Oh my homeland,
我亲爱的祖国
my beloved homeland.