Oh, how dreadful! 糟透了!
Poor Clive. 可怜的Clive
At least he didn't suffer. 至少他走得很安详
Oh, he did. 他居然受了苦
Oh, my. That much? 天呐那么痛苦?
Oh, well, I prefer to remember him as I last saw him. 我宁愿记住最后一次见他的模样
Being fed apple sauce by a Jamaican woman. 一个牙买加女人给他喂苹果泥
Well, it's a reminder that we should spend as much time as possible 这也给我们提了个醒
with those we hold dear while we're able. 得多陪陪心爱的亲人和朋友极品女人
Anyway, thank you for calling, Mother. 谢谢您告诉我妈妈
For a moment, I thought those high-pitched, piercing shrieks 我一度以为这么凄厉的尖叫were coming from a gaggle of schoolgirls. 是一大帮女孩子发出来的
But now I see it's just you. 结果只是你一个人
I shan't be able to return to sleep now, thanks muchly. 回笼觉是睡不成了多亏了你
Who do you think you are? The Earl of Grantham? 你以为你是谁? 格兰瑟姆伯爵?
《唐顿庄园》中的老爷
You're from Wigan. 你可是威根人
英格兰北部工业城镇
It's better than being from Leytonstone. 总比雷顿斯通人好
伦敦郊区
How dare you? 你真过分
I've been to Oxford. 我可在牛津待过
Yes, for lunch. 没错待在那吃了顿午餐
三十六计走为上计Who were you squawking at on the phone just now? 你刚才和谁在电话里嚷个不停?
My mother, if you must know. 我妈妈你非要知道的话
Was she calling to tell you when she'd be dying? 通知你她的死期将近?
She was very distraught. 她烦心得很
Why? Did you finally tell her about us? 为什么? 你把我们的关系告诉她了?
I'm waiting for the right time. 我还在等待合适的时机
It's been 48 years! 已经等了48年了!
And there has not been a right time! 一直没有出现过合适的契机!
Please, don't pressure me! I'm very emotional already. 行行好别给我施压了我现在脆弱得很
We've had some frightful news. 告诉你个坏消息
Clive is dead. Clive死了
Your mother is always the first to know when someone dies. 你母亲总能第一时间得知别人死讯
Is she getting the news directly from Satan? 她直接从判官那里接收信息?
I would think you'd be a little more upset considering your history. 考虑到你的风流史你应该更悲伤一点
That was a long time ago. We were all in our early 20s. 别翻旧账了那时候我们才二十出头What, I was 19. I wasn't in my 20s. 我可是19岁! 才没有二十出头
People used to think I was your nephew. 他们都以为我是你的侄子
Yes, because you told them you were my nephew. 不然呢你就是这么告诉他们的
Anyway, I do feel bad about Clive. I just hope he didn't suffer. 总之Clive的死真让人遗憾我只希望他没受太多苦
Apparently, they had to cut a foot off, 他的一只脚被截掉了
so I assume there was some discomfort. 我猜过程中一定会产生些许不适
I dare say those thick ankles of his put up quite a fight. 他的粗脚踝一定给截肢工作带来了巨大的麻烦
Who on earth is that? 谁在敲门?
-I have no idea. Are you expecting anybody? -No! -不知道你有客人吗? -没有!
These aren't calling hours! 这可不是会客时间!
This is outrageous! 真没礼貌!
You just don't go about ringing people's doorbells! 怎么能随便乱按别人的门铃!
Let's just see who it is, 去看看是谁吧
and then put the whole ugly business behind us. 把烦人的事情先放一放
Well, I'm going to give this intruder a real dressing down. 我要把这个不速之客痛打一顿Hello. Can we help you with something? 你好需要帮助吗?
-Ash. -I didn't even know that was a name. -我叫Ash -Ash居然也是个名字
I was here to see about the flat. Is this a bad time? 我来看看这套公寓我来得不巧吗? No, no. No, no, no, no, no, no, not at all. 不不不一点也不
Great. -Yes, Great. -那就好-嗯很好
Can I get you some tea? 来杯茶吗?
No, thanks. I'd just really like to see the flat. 不用了谢谢我只是来看看房子
You've come to the wrong door, I'm afraid. 哎呀你走错门啦
-the flat for rent is one floor up. -Oh, Sorry. -招租的那间公寓在楼上-天呐太抱歉了Don't be sorry. I'm Freddie. 别道歉我叫Freddie
This is Stuart, my friend. 他叫Stuart 我朋友
Freddie Thornhill. 我的全名是Freddie Thornhill
You probably recognise me from the television or the stage. 你或许能从电视或剧院里认出我来
Do you go to the theatre often, Ash? 你经常去看戏吗? Ash
Am I saying that correctly? 我的发音没问题吧?
Yeah. Ash. 对就叫Ash
I don't get to the theatre much. 我不怎么看戏
Well, of course, you're a young man, you do young man things. 可以理解你年轻有年轻人的活动
-I'm quite certain I'm old enough to be your father. -Yes, I'm quite certain, too. -我都老得可以做你父亲了-我也觉得
-My father's 46. -Ah, and so am I. -我爸爸46岁-我也是
Do you mind if I use your toilet? 我能借用你的洗手间吗?
Mind? We'd be devastated if you didn't. 当然如果你不用的话我们会悲痛欲绝的
You are making such a fool of yourself. 你表现得像个小丑
Then you should leave. It's quite clear he hates you. 那你走呗他显然很讨厌你
Do you suppose he's "family"? 你觉得他是我们的人吗?
Oh, God. 哎呀
It's so tricky to tell now. 这可不好说
I thought Graham Norton was straight. 我还以为Graham Norton是直男呢
英国著名脱口秀主持人
Well, my dear Stuart, I will work it out. 亲爱的我会搞清楚他的性向
After all, I did spend a year playing the detective in The Mousetrap. 我可演了整整一年《捕鼠器》里的侦探先生
Oh, please! 拜托!
Our postman's been in The Mousetrap. 我们的邮差也演过《捕鼠器》
This is complete lunacy! 这世界简直是疯了!
It's like Victoria Station! 这里成维多利亚火车站了!
-Who's there?! -It's Violet, darling. -谁啊?! -是我Violet
I came as soon as I heard. 我一听到消息就赶过来了
-Poor Clive. -Yes, it's been a great shock, as you can imagine. -可怜的Clive -难以想象的噩耗
We're absolutely devastated. 我们的心都碎了
-now, I must ask you. -Anything, darling. -我得向你求证个事-说吧老伙计
Is Leytonstone any better than Wigan? 雷顿斯通比威根好?
-a bit, darling. -Bollocks. -略胜一筹-扯淡
I was thinking perhaps we should host a small gathering here tomorrow. 我在考虑明晚在这里为Clive守夜
Just our little circle. 就我们这圈人
That will be lovely. 好主意
I can't believe he's gone. 我不敢相信他已经离开我们了
Dear, sweet Clive. 迷人的Clive
-Did you hear about the foot? -Yes. Unfortunate. -你们听说他的脚了吗? -嗯太不幸了Oh, damn, I wanted to tell you. 真讨厌我本来打算告诉你的
Poor Freddie, you were quite close, back in the day. Freddie 你和Clive当年可要好了
Well, Clive was very much smitten with me, that is true. 这么说吧Clive确实倾心于我Obsessed, really. 迷得如痴如醉
I was young, handsome, famous. 那时我年轻英俊声名赫赫
You were barely one of those things. 你与这些词可沾不上边
I'm just going to use the loo before I go out. 我走之前先去一趟洗手间
There has to be somebody who hasn't heard about that foot. 一定还有人不知道截肢的事
-Oh! He's still in there! -Who's still in there? -等等! 他还在里面! -谁?
The young man who came to see about the flat upstairs. 一个要去楼上看房子的年轻人
He's been ages. 他在里面待了好久!
Go and see what's going on. 去看看怎么回事!
No, no, I don't want to disturb him. 我不去我不要打扰他
It's very rude to disturb attractive people. 打扰帅哥简直无礼至极
Well, we can't leave him in there all day. 总不能让他在里面待上一整天吧
You let a complete stranger use your loo? 怎么能让陌生人用你的洗手间?
What if he comes out and rapes me? 如果他出来我怎么办?
Let's cross that bridge when we come to it, shall we? 等发生了我们再想办法吧
Everything all right in there, Ash? 你还好吗Ash?
Well, we tried. 我们尽力了
-So that's it, then? -I don't see what else we can do. -那怎么办? -没别的办法了
-Try calling him again. -No, you try. -再叫一次试试-不要你去叫
Somebody do something. I'm so frightened I'm going to be raped. 你们总得做点什么我好害怕被
Oh, for God's sake, Violet, nobody wants to rape you. 醒一醒Violet 没人愿意你
What an awful thing to say. 你怎么能这么说话
-Thanks Very much. -of course. -谢谢啦-别客气
Everything all right? 你还好吧?
Yeah, sorry. Had to make a call. 没事不好意思打了个电话
Ah. A call ? 哦打给...?
-Mate. -I see. -朋友-这样
-a close mate? -I guess. -很亲密的朋友? -算是吧
-I see. -and is This Your special mate? -我懂了-是很特别的朋友吗?
Er, dunno. 说不好
I should probably go and see that flat now. 我该上楼去看看房子了
Has anybody ever said you remind them of Zac Efron? 有人说过你像Zac Efron吗?
《歌舞青春》男主演
That's a person, right? 是个人名吧?
台湾宜兰Or is it a place? 还是个地名?
This is our friend Violet, Ash. Ash 这位是我们的朋友Violet
Yes, she's our friend and Stuart here is my "friend". Violet是我们的朋友Stuart是我的"朋友" Uh...OK. 好吧
Haven't I seen you in my yoga class? 我们是不是在瑜伽课上见过?
I go to yoga. I'm great fun. 我练瑜伽我很有意思
I don't think so. 应该没见过
雪山壁纸Well, I'm certain I know you. Have you ever been to Zac Efron? 我肯定见过你你去过Zac Efron 吗?
I'm covered either way now. 这样问就万无一失了淮南子人间训
I should probably go. It was nice meeting you all. 我该走了很高兴认识你们
And good luck with the flat. I do hope we become neighbours. 看房顺利希望我们成为邻居And you can bring round here anybody you like. 你可以带任何人到我这来做客
Boys, girls, whichever you prefer. 男孩女孩都行只要你喜欢
Thanks. 多谢
Nicely done, Miss Marple ! 干得好马普尔小
阿加莎·克里斯蒂小说中的乡村女侦探
I only hope his flesh didn't rot off where you touched him. 我只祈祷他被你碰过的皮肤不会烂掉
I'm surprised you could see it 真是稀奇
through the milky film that coats your cataracts. 你居然能透过眼球上的白内障看到这些
I'm going to make another pot of tea. 我再去泡壶茶
I never know when I'm going too far, 我从来不知道什么时候就过分了
but I'm always so glad when I do. 但我很享受过分的时候
Your mother looked well for someone who doesn't have a heartbeat. 你母亲气不错作为一个没有心的人
She always rallies for a funeral. 葬礼总是能让她振作起来
Do you know, Freddie, as grotesque a thought as it is, 你知道吗Freddie 尽管这想法很奇怪you might have been the love of Clive's life. 但你或许是Clive生命中的真爱
I do believe I was. 我确实是啊
It's sad that it took the passing of a dear friend 真遗憾朋友的离世才让我意识到
to make me realise how special I am. 自己是如此特别的存在
Are you wearing mascara? 你涂了睫毛膏?
No. 没有
Well, I must prepare for our guests. I want everything to be perfect. 我得准备些东西招待客人可别出什么乱子
I bought two sandwiches that I can cut up into sixteenths. 我买了两个三明治可以把它们切成十六份
That should do it. 应该就够了
Oh, that is it! 烦死了!
We are disconnecting this bell! 我们应该关掉门铃!
Oh, hello. 你好啊
It's Ash! Ash来了!
You'll tell me if I'm ever pronouncing that wrong. 如果我念错了千万要告诉我
-I hope I'm not bothering you. -Bothering us? -但愿我没打扰到你们-打扰?
We should give you a key. 我们恨不得把钥匙都给你
I was just stopping by to let you know I got the upstairs flat. 我只是过来告诉你们我拿到楼上的房子了
Oh, goody! 太好了!
-In fact, I'm moving in today. -Oh, marvelous. -我今天就搬过来-棒极了!
Stuart, my friend, will be so pleased. 我朋友Stuart一定会很高兴
You remember him? Shrunken, old gnome? 你还记得他吧? 满脸皱纹的老怪物?
Great. I love spending time with OAPs. 我喜欢和领养老金的人待在一起
No, I'm not one. He is. Not me. 我不领养老金只有他领
Sometimes I pretend to be, in order to get concessions at the cinema, 偶尔我也会装作老人家为了拿到电影优惠券
but they don't usually believe me. 但大家根本不相信
Would you excuse me a moment? And do not look at my awards 介意我离开一会吗? 我不在的时候
while I'm in the other room. I'd be very embarrassed. 请别去看我的奖杯我会不好意思的They're over there. 奖杯就放在那头
-We're both very excited. -Freddie tells me the good news. -我们都很开心-Freddie告诉我...画鸟的简笔画
-Close those curtains! -The light! The light! -快把窗帘关上! -光线太强! 太强! Freddie tells me the good news! Freddie说了那个好消息
-you must join us for tea. thanks. -你得坐下来喝杯茶-谢谢
So, you never use the huge window? 你们从来不用那扇大窗吗?
-No. -We also don't go around pulling cords in other people's flats. -是的-我们也不在别人家里乱拉绳子
Go on. We're done with you for now. 走吧我们不和你玩了