Chapter 6
Asking the way
A
你(A)新到一个城市,向一个过路人(B)打听邮局在哪儿:
A:Excuse me, could you tell me where the nearest post office is?
对不起,请问最近的邮局在什么地方?
B:Yes, it’s that way, about two blocks from here.
走那条路,过两条马路就到了。
A:On the right or left side of the street?
在马路的左边还是右边?
B:On the left. 在左边。
A:Thank you very much. 太感谢你了。
B:You’re welcome. 不客气。
B
你(A)新到某市,不知道火车站在哪儿,向某人(B)打听:
A:Excuse me, but can you tell me the way to the railway station?
请问去火车站怎么走? 土豆泥辅食
销售助理B:Just go straight along this street, turn left at the first crossing and walk straight ahead about 100 meters. You can’t miss it.
沿着这条街一直往前走,到第一个十字路口向左拐,然后再往前走100米,你就到了火车站。
A:About how long will it take me to get there?
按图索骏
去那儿大约要多少时间?
B:It瓷砖供货合同范本’s about 10 minutes’ walk, I think. 步行大概要十分钟。
A:I see. Is there a bus I can take? 我明白了,可以乘公共汽车去吗?
B:Yes, you can take the No. 5 bus over there. Get off at the next stop.
可以,你可以在那儿乘五路车,在下一站下车。
A:Thank you so much for your help. 非常感谢你的帮助。
B:It’s my pleasure. 不客气。
C
你(A)新到某地,向旁人(B)询问厕所在哪儿:
A:Excuse me, could you tell me where there’s a men’s room?
请问哪儿有男厕所?
B:There’s one just outside this building. Turn to your right and walk about 50 meters. It’s a small white thing.
这楼外面就有一个,向右拐,走50来即到,是座小白房。
A:I suppose there a sign on the outside.
厕所外面有牌子吧?
B:Yes. There’s a sign in English and Chinese.
有,牌子是用中英文写的。
A:Thank you. 谢谢。
B:That’s all right. 不客气。
D
你(A)邀你的同学(B)到你家玩,但他不知道怎么去,向你询问:
A:Please come to my home tomorrow if you are free.
明天有空请到我家里来。
B:Ok, I will. But where do you live?
好,你住在什么地方?
A:48 York Road. It’s not far from here.
约克路48号,离这儿不远。
B:How can I get there?
怎么走法?
A:Walk along this street and turn left at the second crossing.It is at the end of the road. 沿着这条街走,到第二个十字路口向左拐, 我家就在路的尽头。
E
A: Where's the famous Peking Duck restaurant?
著名的北京烤鸭店在哪里?
B: You mean the Quanjude Restaurant?
你是说全聚德饭店吗?
A: Yes, that's the one. Is it easy to find?
是的,就是它。容易到吗?
B: Yes, very easy. It's on Qianmen Street.
是的,很容易。在前门大街上。
A: It's just south of Tian'anmen Square, isn't it?
就在天安门广场的南面,对吗?
B: Yes, that's right. It's on the left side as you go down Qianmen Street.
是的,就在那。顺着前门大街走,它在左边。
F
A: Could you please tell me the way to Sunshine Hotel?
您能告诉我怎么去阳光酒店吗?小姑娘热情地讲了一大堆,左拐右拐地,把你都弄糊涂了。干脆乘公车去吧。于是问:
A: Can I take a bus there? 我可以乘车去吗?
B: Of course. You can take the bus around the corner.
小姑娘说:当然可以了,拐弯就可以乘到车了。于是你想知道:
A: How long does it take to get to the Hotel?
要多长时间呢?
B: It takes only five minutes.
小姑娘说只有五分钟的路程。原来这么近,不如步行去吧!
A: Can I go there on foot?
蓝美甲我想步行去那儿行吗?
B: It’s too far away. You might be tired.
小姑娘说太远了,可能会很累。拐了弯到了车站你匆匆看了站牌上了车,朝公车的售票员招招手问她:
A: Does this bus go to Sunshine Hotel?
这车到不到阳光酒店?
G
Suzan: Excuse me! I am new to the campus. Do you know where the student cafeteria1 i
s?
(打扰了。我是新生。请问你知道学校自助餐厅在哪里吗?)
Kathy: Sure! Do you have a map?
(当然!你有地图吗?)
Suzan: Yes, here it is.
(有。地图在这儿.)
Kathy: Let’s see--Here’s where we are right now. To get to the cafeteria, you’ll need to cross this square2 and go to the south.
(我看看,我们现在的位置在这儿。要到自助餐厅的话。你得穿过这个广场然后向南走。)
Suzan: OK.
(好的。)
Kathy: And then the cafeteria is about five hundred yards3 past the gym, on your left. You’ll see a sign in front of the building.
(自助餐厅是在过了体育馆大概500码处。就在你左边.你会在建筑物前看到标志。)
Suzan: No wonder4 I got lost. I was heading in the wrong direction! Anyway, thanks a lot for your help.
(难怪我会迷路。我走错方向了。无论如何。非常感谢你的帮忙。)
Kathy: No problem. Good luck!
(不客气。祝你好运。)
1.cafeteria /kæfɪ'tɪərɪə/ 自助餐厅
2.企业营销square /skweə/ 广场
发布评论