The Pursuit Of Happyness 当幸福来敲门
-Chris: Time to get up; man...get up: 起床;该起床了..
-Christopher: All right; dad. 好的;老爸..
-Chris: Come on. 快点..
-Christopher: Should be here soon. I think I should make a list.  马上来了;我想我该列个表..
-Chris: What do mean For your birthday gifts
干嘛 想要的生日礼物
-Christopher: Yeah. 对呀..
-Chris: You know you're only getting a couple of things; right  a couple of: 几个
知道只能要几个礼物;对吧
-Christopher: Yeah; I know. Just to look at and study so I can choose better.
知道啊;我只想列出来看看;研究一下;好好选选..
-Chris: Okay; well; that's smart. Yeah; make a list. Can you spell everything you're thinking of
smart: 聪明的 spell: 拼写
哦;很聪明;那就列吧;想要的礼物你都会写吗
-Christopher: I think so. 应该吧..
当幸福来敲门台词
-Chris: All right. That's good. How you doing in here; man
哦;很好..小伙子;你还好吧
-Christopher: Okay. Can we go to the park today; after
还好;我们今天能去公园吗…在上完幼儿园后
-Chris: No; I gotta go to Oakland. Well; maybe; we'll see. Give me a kiss. I'll talk to you later.
呃…我还得去Oakland;或许…再说吧;亲亲..晚点再说..
Excuse me. Oh; when is somebody gonna clean this off And the Y The Y. We talked about this.
借过;对不起…呃…什么时候会人清洗一下 我提过的;幸福的“幸”写错了..
It's an I in "happiness." There's no Y in "happiness." It's an I.
happiness: 幸福
这里写成了辛苦的“辛”..
I'm Chris Gardner. I met my father for the first time when I was 28 years old.
我是Chris Gardner;我第一次见到我父亲时;已经28岁了..
And I made up my mind as a hat when I my children were gonna know who their father was.
我儿时就决定;将来我有了孩子;我的孩子一定得知道他们的父亲是谁..
This is part of my life story. This part is called "Riding the Bus."
这里讲述的是我人生故事的一部分;这部分叫做…“搭公车”..
-Man: What's that It's a time machine; isn't it Seems like a time machine.
那是什么 是架时光机;对吧 看起来是时光机..
That seems like a time machine. It's a time machine. Take me with you.
像是时光机;是时光机;能带上我吗
-Chris: his machine on lap: 膝盖
这仪器…我膝盖上的这台仪器…
-Man: This guy; he has a time machine. He travels in the past with this
这伙计;他有架时光机..他…他…他…用时光机穿梭到过去..
-Chris: It is not a time machine. It' a portable bone-density scanner. A medical device I sell for a living.
portable: 手提式的 bone: 骨骼 density: 密度 scanner: 扫描机 device: 设备 for a living: 为…谋生;为了生存
这不是…时光机;而是手提式骨质密度扫描仪..是医疗器材;我就靠卖这个过活..
Thank you for the opportunity to discuss it with you. I appreciate it.
opportunity: 机会 discuss: 讨论 appreciate: 感激
谢谢您给我这个机会;向您推介这仪器;我不胜感激..
-Doctor: We just don't need it; Chris.
我们真的不需要;Chris..
It's unnecessary and expensive.  unnecessary: 不必要的
没多大用处而且还很贵..
-Chris: Well;   哦;或许下次…
-Doctor: Thank you.  谢谢..
-Chris: It gave a slightly denser picture than an x-ray for twice the money.
slightly: 些微的 dense: 密集的 x-ray: X射线
它比X光机显像更精确一点点;但却贵了一倍..
-Linda: Hey. 嘿..
-Chris: Hey; baby. 嘿;宝贝..
-Linda: what happened 怎么啦
-Chris: No; nothing. Look; I can't get Christopher today.
没…没事儿;只是…我今天不能去接儿子..
-Linda: Oh; no; you don't; Chris. I'm back on at 7.
你得去;我七点还要上班..
-Chris: I know. I have got to go to Oakland.
我知道;但我一定要去Oakland..
-Linda: So I gotta get Christopher home; feed him; him in bed; and be back here by 7
feed: 喂 bathe: 沐浴
所以我得先接他回家;做饭;给他洗澡…哄他睡觉;然后七点前回到这儿
-Chris: Yes.    对..
-Linda: And we got the tax-bill notice today. What are you gonna do about that  tax: 税 bill: 账单 notice: 通知
今天收到了税单;你说怎么办
-Chris: Look; this is what we gotta do. You see that car The one with the pretty yellow shoe on it
听着;就这么办..看到那车了吗 那辆穿着漂亮黄鞋子的车..
That' mine. There' no parking near hospitals. That' what happens when you're always in a rush.
parking: 停车 rush: 匆促
那是我的车;医院附近不准停车;赶时间的结果就是这样..
Thanks anyway. Very much. Maybe next quarter.
quarter: 一季度
还是非常谢谢你;或许下个季度..
-
Doctor: It's possible.  可能哦..
-Chris: I needed to sell at least two scanners a month for rent and daycare.
at least: 至少 scanner: 扫描仪 rent: 租金 daycare: 日间照管儿童
我每个月至少得卖两台;才够付房租和幼儿园费..
I'd have to sell pay off all of those tickets under my windshield wiper. The I haven't sold any for a while.
windshield: 挡风玻璃 wiper: 刷
还得再卖一台…才够付车窗上的那些罚单;问题是…我很久没卖出一台了..
Since when do you not like macaroni and cheese
macaroni: 通心粉 cheese: 乳酪
你什么时候开始不喜欢通心粉加奶酪的
-Linda: Since birth  从…我出生开始
-Chris: What’s that  这是什么
-Linda: What 
-Chris: What is this  这是什么东西
-Linda: It's a gift for Christopher.  Christopher的礼物..