关于经典的英语幽默短文
Moe, Larry, and Curly were wandering in the Arabian desert when they were captured by a band of ferocious Bedouin. “By the mode of the desert you miserable infidels must be destroyed,”
declared their savage leader. “Set up the guillotine!”
declared their savage leader. “Set up the guillotine!”
Moe was the first to be ordered to the death instrument. The blade descended but, amazingly, stopped just short of his neck.
莫伊首先被命令上断头台,但令人惊讶的是,刀具落下时在接近脖子地方就停止不动了。
Next, Larry placed his head under the huge, razor-sharp blade. But once again it stopped short of his neck.
接着赖利把头放在像剃刀刀片一样锐利的大刀之下,但又一次刀子在接近他的颈部地方停了下来。
“By Allah, another miracle!” affirmed the sheik once more. “Release him!”
“奉阿拉真主之命,又是另一个奇迹!”酋长又一次宣布“。放了他!”
Finally, Curly was led to the ominous device. Looking closely he noticed a splinter of wood blocking the path of the blade.
最后卷毛被带到那不吉利的断头台上,仔细察看后,他发现一块小木片挡住了刀锋的去路。
“Well, no wonder it’s not working,” he announced. “Here’s your problem ”
“难怪它不发生作用,”他宣布道。“你们的问题就在这里……。
Moe, Larry and Curly had been stranded on a desert island. They were walking along disconsolately when Moe happened to kick bottle lying in the sand. The bottle broke and a
genie suddenly
emerged before them.经典短文
emerged before them.经典短文
莫伊、赖利和卷毛因船触礁搁浅而被困在一个无人荒岛上,他们寂寞无助地沿岸边走着,这时莫伊踢到沙滩上一只瓶子,那只瓶子破了后,突然出现一个精灵。
“Thank you, oh Masters, for releasing me from my captivity. For your kindness,please allow me to grant you each a wish.”
“谢谢你们从囚禁我的瓶子中把我放出来,我的主人。为了报答你们的恩惠,请让我为每位实现一个愿望。”
“Well, it’s not too difficult to figure out what I want,” said Moe. “I wish I were back home.”
“哦,我的愿望很容易想出来,”莫伊说“。我希望我能回到家里。”
No sooner had he said the words than he was back in dear old Brooklyn.
话一说完,莫伊就已在他可爱的布鲁克林老家中。
“I want to be back home, too,” said Larry, and he, too, was instantly transported.
“我也想回家,”赖利说,他马上也就被送走了
“Gee, it’s lonesome here without Moe and Larry,” said Curly. “I wish they were here to keep me company.”
“唉,没有莫伊和赖利,一个人在这里真无聊,”卷毛说“。我希望他们能回到这里陪伴我。”
“Say, that’s an interesting pair of socks you’ve got on, Charlie, one green and one red.”
“嘿,查理,你穿的这双袜子真有趣,一只绿一只红。”
“Yeah, and I’ve got another pair just like it at home.”
“是吗,我家里还有一双同样的袜子呢。”
感谢您的阅读,祝您生活愉快。
发布评论