哈佛大学幸福课第三课中英文讲义
早上好 同学们
Good morning,everyone.
今天是本学期正式开学的第一天
This semester has started,officially today.
很高兴在这看到你们
Glad to see you here.
我只想说几句话
Just a couple of announcement
还有向进修学院的同学们打声招呼
and also hi to the extension school students.
上次我们向新西兰的同学问好
Last time we say hi to New Zealand.
今天轮到爱尔兰的同学了
Today we are saying hi to Ireland.
现在先说这里的本科生和研究生
In terms of sectioning
分组问题
for the undergrads and graduate students here,
你们明天会收到Sean Achor的邮件
you'll get an email from Sean Achor tomorrow.
长江最终流入什么海你们填好各自的想加入的小组
And you'll put in your section preference.
我们本周会分好小组
We are sectioning this weekend.
选择你最想加入的组非常重要
So it will be important that you submit your top preferences.
下周我们就开始
And next week we are starting.
还记得上节课的问题吗
Last time,if you remember the question that we ask,
最主要的问题是"为什么要学习积极心理学?"
the guiding question was "why positive psychology?"
我提到了三个原因
And I mentioned three reasons,得道多助
为何我们把它作为独立的研究 而不简单地
Why we need it as an independent field as opposed to just being
"研究一下幸福和爱情"
"well,let's do some studies on happiness,on relationships"
不像一贯人们所做的那样?
我的幸福英文as it is always being done?
我们需要积极心理学是为了改变
The reason why we need positive psychology is to shift
现在的21比1这个比率
the pendulum from the 21:1 ratio that we have today:
每有一项关于抑郁或焦虑的研究
for every one study on depression or anxiety,
就有21项 对不起
we have 21 studies on-- sorry,
应该是每有一项关于快乐或幸福的研究
for one study on happiness or wellbeing,
就有21项关于抑郁或焦虑的研究
机动车验车新规定we have 21 studies on depression and anxiety.
我们想稍微改变这个比率
We want to shift the pendulum slightly.电脑关机速度慢
我提过三个原因
And I mentioned three reason
关于为什么要改变这个比率
why we want to shift this pendulum despite the fact
尽管世界上越来越多人抑郁
that there are rising levels of depression around the world,
而焦虑就像是全球性流行病
that anxiety has become epidemic globally—
遍布美国 中国 澳大利亚 英国所有大学
on college campuses in United States,China,Australia,UK.
尽管如此 我还是认为我们该改变那比率
Despite that fact,I argue that we need to shift the pendulum
做更多"积极研究" 或者说
and do more "positive research",or in other words,
集中研究可行的事
research that focuses on what works.
原因在于
And the reason is—
我们之前讨论完的第一个原因是
the first reason that we gave and we are just finishing up is
我们提出的问题很重要
because the question that we ask,
无论它是不是我们的研究问题
whether it's the research questions that we ask,
或我们为自己所问的
or the questions that we ask of ourselves,
或为我们的伴侣问的
or our partners,matter.
如果我们只问同一类问题
And if our only questions,
或只是问"有哪些不如意的事?
or primarily our questions are "what is not working?
出什么问题了?
What is the problem?厚今薄古
为什么那么多孩子因为成长环境而堕落?"
Why are so many kids failing as a result of their circumstances?"
发布评论